Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Verizon Wireless ????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Verizon Wireless ????

    Okay this is all confusing so maybe someone can answer for me. I know Verizon at first bought out Alltel except in our area. Now AT&T has bought out Alltel. So my question is this.

    Once Alltel is taken over by AT&T what happens to Verizon???? Will they still be around???
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon Wireless ????

    Verizon could only buy the parts of Altell where they weren't the only other competition to keep from monopolizing that market. Thus they couldn't buy the market we are in since that would make them the only option. Anyone else could have bought Altell in this area it just happened to be AT&T.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon Wireless ????

    The Verizon opportunities are still going to be here for the area.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon Wireless ????

    Verizon Wireless did buy the majority of Alltel. That deal is complete and finalized, and Verizon will remain as it is today. Those services will not change.

    In order for Verizon to be allowed to buy Alltel they had to divest some of their market to prevent a monopoly from taking place in areas like ours (FCC prefers 3 carriers per market, Wise County only had 2 carriers to begin with). So AT&T stepped up to purchase the remaining Alltel.

    The AT&T purchase of Alltel in Wise County and other rural areas is complete but it could be another year before we see the actual changes. For the time being Alltel people will still be paying a bill that says Alltel and using Alltel service, and at some point in the future that service will become AT&T service.

    And if you type Alltel too many times it starts to look very odd.....
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon Wireless ????

    Thanks everyone I was just wondering. I got a BB Tour in March and it was on a one year deal but it is terrible. I have had so many problems out of it. I have replaced the battery twice thinking that was the problem, which it helped for about two days. I have also had a replacement phone since March as well. My phone constantly dies, battery runs down, calls dropped all the time, it freezes all the time and I am sick of it. I am just wondering if I should go up there and do battle with them to get a different phone or just switch to Verizon or wait for AT&T. Not sure what to do but this phone sucks.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon Wireless ????

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Thanks everyone I was just wondering. I got a BB Tour in March and it was on a one year deal but it is terrible. I have had so many problems out of it. I have replaced the battery twice thinking that was the problem, which it helped for about two days. I have also had a replacement phone since March as well. My phone constantly dies, battery runs down, calls dropped all the time, it freezes all the time and I am sick of it. I am just wondering if I should go up there and do battle with them to get a different phone or just switch to Verizon or wait for AT&T. Not sure what to do but this phone sucks.
    That is one of the many reasons I got rid of my old Black Berry.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon Wireless ????

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Thanks everyone I was just wondering. I got a BB Tour in March and it was on a one year deal but it is terrible. I have had so many problems out of it. I have replaced the battery twice thinking that was the problem, which it helped for about two days. I have also had a replacement phone since March as well. My phone constantly dies, battery runs down, calls dropped all the time, it freezes all the time and I am sick of it. I am just wondering if I should go up there and do battle with them to get a different phone or just switch to Verizon or wait for AT&T. Not sure what to do but this phone sucks.
    Strange. I've had a Tour for almost a year with zero problems. Wife got hers in March, it has been great as well.

    WRT to the battery issues, do you have any applications running in the background?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •